Wednesday 23 May 2012

National Vegetarian Week: Starter Recipes

Lounge Play List:

Eric Clapton ~ Wonderful Tonight
Aerosmith ~ Love in Elevator
Kaiser Chiefs ~ You Can Have It All
Bowes & Morley ~ Hypnotized
Natalie Imbruglia ~ Come on Home
Cello Sonata ~ Cello Adagios
Luke Morley ~ Loving You (Is All I Can Do)
Aerosmith ~ Amazing
Tim McGraw ~ Don't Take The Girl
Imelda May ~ Kentish Town Waltz
Slash ft Chris Cornell ~ Promise
Shakira ~ Sombra De Ti

As I blogged yesterday this week in the UK it's National Vegetarian Week so with that in mind I thought a posting that included some of my favourite recipes from the Rocket and Roses files would be in order. (Well actually that's a little untrue..it was actually ML's idea..Ahem..anyway..)

So when I sat down with my pad and started listing the recipes I wanted to share..I couldn't decide on how to present them to you. So each day I shall bring you a different theme..and today's is starters...

Carrot Soup with Sesame Star Croutons
I adapted this soup very slightly from the original Roses Elliot recipe. It's light and full of flavour and the croutons make for an attractive and impressive starter to any dinner party. And it's really cheap to make too..as I made it for a Thrifty Thursday recipe.

Rocket and Roses Butternut & Savoy Tower with Almond & Chilli Drizzle
This starter is one of my very favourites and I am always so happy when one of my own recipes work! lol It's a popular dish here at Rocket and Roses dinner parties and once broken down and prepped the day before it comes together very easily on the day. A little effort but a very tasty and appealing result.


Fennel, Mandarin, Walnut & Pomegranate Salad
This salad is bursting with flavour and the different textures make it a very exciting salad to start a lunch..served before a light pasta dish..it is perfect. It's great for those times you want something a little different..so thanks for Colleen Patrick~Goudreau for a wonderful creation.

Apulian Style Bruschetta with Baby Plum Tomatoes & Basil
These little slices of heaven are always a huge hit when served before a weekend lunch celebration. My pal A can't get enough of them lol. Any bread could be used so the GF folks out there could enjoy these too with the many breads on offer theses days. I would lightly toast the bread first. The topping is delicious and surprisingly they aren't heavy so can be very easily enjoyed as a starter.

So there you have it a selection of starter recipes that are naturally vegetarian and vegan and something to suit all palates..I hope? lol. Let me know what you think if you do try one...

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Wednesday is a good one?

~R~