Sunday 13 May 2012

Music Loves: Chris Cornell

Lounge Play List:

Bryan Adams ~ I Think About You
Evanescence ~ My Immortal
Brandi Carlile ~ My Story
Within Temptation ~ What Have You Done Now?
Claire Teal ~ What Are You Doing For The Rest of Your Life
Audioslave ~ Show Me How to Live
Bing Crosby ~ Now You Has (sic) Jazz!
The Pretty Reckless ~ You Make Me Wanna Die
Joan Jett ~ I Love Rock & Roll
Alanis Morrisette ~ Let's Do It
Freemasons ~ Uninvited


Today's blog is brought to you by the musical genius that is Mr Chris Cornell..the former and current Soundgarden singer. I liked Soundgarden but they didn't get to me like other bands around at the time. I enjoyed them...would be a fair assessment of my feelings for them. lol And of course I would be remiss if I didn't show an old image of Cornell from back in the day...

Rock star..eh? lol
My deep appreciation of Cornell came when he formed Audioslave...from the first time I heard Cochise playing on MTV I was hooked..and very soon became a full blown Audioslave junkie. I couldn't get enough of them. But for me that original self titled album will always be the one that makes my blood tingle when I listen to any of the songs from it.

Audioslave by Audioslave lol
Truly there isn't a single track that I don't like on this album but my favourites are first and foremost Show Me How To Live...Cochise and Light My Way. Oh who am I kidding..they are all my favourites..can't be that objective about this album. This is one of those..gets your soul..albums. lol

Audioslave album track listing..

I sadly never got to see them live and with the recent reformation of Soundgarden I'm hoping that one day Audioslave will do the same. Even if I'm using a Zimmer frame..I will be rocking at that gig! lol

Slightly more recent shot of Cornell
I unashamedly admit that I was gutted when they split but my heart was soon repaired when I played Cornell's Carry On album...and yep you guessed it...I became a solo Cornell junkie..lol

Cornell's Carry On album
This album is my favourite of Cornell's solo work. It is at times heartbreaking..funny..thought provoking..all things an album needs to be for me.lol. I do like his subsequent albums although the Timbaland produced album took me a while...lol Arms Around Your Love drags hurt from your bones as you can relate to his feelings...Finally Forever will get to you too..be warned..lol. No Such Thing, Poison Eye, Your Soul Today, You Know My Name are the stomping rock songs..and the remainder of the album is filled with thought provoking and beautiful songs.

Final gratuitous Cornell shot because..well why not? lol
So that is my musings on one of my music loves..there are many..lol I hope that I may have inspired you to check out Cornell's work...You really should..lol

Thank you for stopping by and I hope your Sunday is a good one?

~R~