Monday 26 March 2012

A Thought for a Hard Day

Workroom Play List:

Creed ~ Human Clay Album

So far this Monday is hard going..to say the temporary (hopefully..) side effects from the new medication have kicked in..is a slight understatement. It's 12.40pm here and I haven't been up and around long..so today my posting is a short one.

I found this image via Pinterest and thought it would make a very good mantra one day...and today..and most likely the next four weeks will be the right time for it.

Image not my own and I take no credit for it...But thank you to whoever made it!
When you are going through a hard time it's easy to forget that every moment of each day is important..you can easily get lost in the stress...chaos..pain...sleep deprivation..illness..grief..work load. We never know how long we have and if this was your last day..would you want to spend it entirely buried under the situation you find yourself in? I know I would be a quite peaceful if I knew I had spent at least some of my last day...laughing or at the very least cracking a smile or two.

Believe me when I say I am by no means being flippant. And when I was once advised to sit and smile..I thought the friend had looped the loop..lol. But found that it did indeed help...who knew? lol

One of my favourite song lyrics is Charlie Chaplin's wonderful song..Smile. I have the lyrics printed out and pinned up next to my desk as a visual reminder...to..well..smile.

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky you'll get by.
If you smile through your pain and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you.

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying.
You'll find that life is still worthwhile-
If you just smile.


So today I will no doubt be spending the day feeling beyond dreadful...as I already do..but I will try to keep smiling...and if I haven't fried your brains with my ramblings...my other mantra for times like this?...This Too Shall Pass

Although I have been saying that one for some time now..but hopefully I'm on the way up now.

Thanks for stopping by...I hope your Monday is a good one...

~R~