Wednesday 11 January 2012

My name is Red..and I am a PinInterest addict! lol

Hello folks..I have lost a day! No..really! As I'm still 'resting' I decided to explore the world of Pinterest.com. I have seen its 'button' showing up on more and more blogs and websites over the last month.

What is Pinterest?

Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. To get started, request an invite  Definition taken from Pinterest.com

My Love webmaster signed Rocket and Roses up to it but as we were having trouble with my techno gadgetry at the time I didn't follow it up and since then it's been sat on my To Do List. So far this week I have researched Salicylate Acids, uploaded every CD I own to my ITunes library and researched future recipe ideas..and the only two jobs left were to sort my ITunes library into play lists (Yawn! lol) and look into Pinterest. I have read so much I have book grooves in my hands so I needed a day off of that..so I was left with Pinterest.com.

Warning! This is addictive!
So after breakfast this morning I got comfy...haha!..and opened my laptop with the intention of having a quick look around the site and then passing the day reading and maybe taking in a movie. (I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating these days are!..lol) At first it was interesting and I clicked through several screens and then decided.."What the heck..I'll start 'a' board..."

9 hours later......My Love comes home and I am still sat with the laptop..mid Pinning..22 boards...123 Pins..and 10 likes...later. I hadn't moved from my seat all day. I hadn't eaten and was just grateful that I made myself a bucket of my usual morning Nettle & Peppermint Tea and large bottle of water to keep myself hydrated. Seriously it's 10.54pm as I'm writing this and in the back of my mind I'm wondering if I should just 'check in' before I go to bed. My doctor would be delighted with all the rest I got today! lol.

So I have two new buttons on my blog..one appears on each individual blog posting and that allows you to Pin photos to your own Pinterest boards. The second which is on the main page, right hand sidebar allows you to Follow my Pinterest page.

But please don't hold it against me when you realise you too have become an addict! lol.

Hoping to be back in the kitchen on Saturday if I keep Pinning it will help,eh? No..oh well it was worth a shot. lol.

Happy Pinning..
~R~
Scroll to Top