Thursday 14 April 2011

Rocket and Roses Mixed Bean Salad with Almond Dressing

Kitchen Play List: Duffy ~ Stepping Stone
                                   Duffy ~ Warwick Avenue
                                   Shakira ~ Long Time

I wanted to share this very quick and very easy bean salad. It's the one I make when I haven't had time to make a proper salad topping. Who am I kidding? I sometimes make it even when I do have a topping made! lol. 





Rocket and Roses Mixed Bean Salad with Almond Dressing
(Original recipe from the Rocket and Roses Vegan Kitchen)

1 14oz tin of mixed beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp ground almonds
 1/4 tsp dried oregano
Fresh flat leaf parsley leaves 

Put the rinsed and drained beans into a microwave bowl and heat for 2 minutes on High.

In a serving bowl add the remaining ingredients - except the parsley leaves - and stir until slightly thickened. When the beans have heated add them to the serving bowl and stir well to coat all the beans. Then scatter the parsley leaves over the top. 

Enjoy!