Tuesday 12 April 2011

Rocket and Roses Coriander Pesto

Kitchen Play List:  Scissor Sisters ~ Scissor Sisters Album

My Mystery Ingredient Challenge item last week was a wonderfully bright bunch of coriander/cilantro, which was provided by my friend D. And I was hoping to make a Lentil & Coriander Lasagna with it but this morning, stood in the warm bright kitchen I wanted something cooler. For some reason pesto and pasta makes me think of bright days and light meals. One of my all time favourite meals is Roasted Veggies with Almond Pesto and wholemeal pasta. I really like almonds in pesto and walnuts too but that's a whole other recipe. lol. So I got my mini blender out and then raided my fridge and stock cupboard. The recipe that follows was the results...I would maybe use a little less Parmesan next time but it tastes good enough to eat this time...lol


Rocket and Roses Coriander Pesto
(Original recipe from the Rocket and Roses Vegan Kitchen)

2 med bunches of fresh coriander
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large garlic clove, grated
1 tbsp blanched almonds, roughly chopped
1 tbsp ground almonds
1 1/2 tbsp dried vegan parmesan cheese (I will try 1 tbsp next time)
2 tbsp water

Take the leaves from the coriander stalks and put them into a blender. Then add the remaining ingredients and blitz until silky smooth. 

You don't need to add any salt as there is plenty in the dried parmesan! 

Enjoy!