Friday 26 July 2013

Art: Abocet and Great Tit by J.C.Lawtey

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Glenn Fry ~ Smuggler's Blues
Slash's Snakepit ~ Doin' Fine
The Eagles ~ I Can't Tell You Why
AC/DC ~ Shot Down In Flames
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band ~ Live On
Seasick Steve ~ St Louis Slim
KT Tunstall ~ Paper Aeroplane
JET ~ Rip It Up
Pearl Jam ~ Why Go
Kaiser Chiefs ~ What Did I Ever Give You?
The Eagles ~ Heartache Tonight
Foreigner ~ Urgent
The Union ~ Sawtooth Mountain Ride Pt 1
Thunder ~ I Hear You Knocking (Live Acoustic)

You know all those sleepless nights, temper tantrums and general devilment of being a small child stuff you put your parents through back in the day? You do? Right be warned they will indeed get you back one day. lol.

As you know my lovely Mum is a very talented artist and of late her work has been on one track...birds. So for her birdphobic (well anything with wings...hush! I can't help it! lol) first born daughter it's a little traumatic. And it seems that it will not be going away anytime soon as she turned up this week with two more of them. *insert screaming in my head here* lol.

Now in an act of justifiable self preservation I could say how awful they are and steer her on a new subject track. But as ever her results are beautiful...so I swallow my hebejeebe screams and nod out of respect at how talented she is. And besides I am no liar so I encourage her to keep going. So here are her two latest pieces...

Abocet ~ Artist J.C.Lawtey 2013
And yes...we did have a chuckle when taking the shot of the next one...haven't we all got that child inside us that snickers at silly names??? Oh! Just me and Mum then...lol Ah well...

Great Tit ~ Artist J.C.Lawtey 2013
Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Friday is a great one....

~Red~