Sunday 7 October 2012

Rocket & Roses Roasted Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Soup

Rocket & Roses Kitchen Play List:

Eastern Corbin ~ play list on iPod

My resident sous chef and I had a little play time in the kitchen. He had bought 2 nice sweet potatoes and had a stash of red peppers to use up. The first thing that came to my creative recipe mind was a soup recipe that I had been toying with for a while; his only request was that it wasn't too sweet and maybe a little smokey. Easy! I have to say the basic recipe came together in minutes as I'd already written it in my head long ago. Strange place my head..lol.

S/Chef was left to finish off the recipe when my body was clearly telling me to go sit down...(so cross! lol)..and did an amazing job and added some smoked paprika and ground black pepper. And I have to say...the soup was even better than I thought it would be...despite the little error with the veggie stock amounts. Live and learn S/Chef..it happens to us all..lol.

Rocket and Roses Roasted Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Soup
Rocket and Roses Roasted Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Soup Serves 4
(Original recipe from the Rocket & Roses Kitchen..with sous chef inspirational help!)

2 med/large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 red peppers, de-seeded and chopped
2 onions, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 litre of veggie stock
2 tsp liquid animos
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 400f/200c/Gas Mark 6

In a large bowl place the sweet potatoes, red pepper and onion and drizzle over the sunflower oil. Mix with your hand until all veggies are coated in the oil. Pour them into a baking dish or pan and place in the oven and roast until all veggies are soft and starting to brown. Check them at 30 minutes..if not quite ready..leave in for another 15 minutes.

Add the roasted veggies to a soup pan and add half of the stock, liquid animos and paprika. Using a stick blender..blitz the veggies until smooth..and then gradually add the remaining stock until your preferred consistency is achieved. Then season with the black pepper to taste. Reheat whilst stirring...and serve. Enjoy!

~R~

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you are having a great Sunday...I am going to see Nickelback..at last! Becoming 40 has been just fine..lol ~R~