Monday 7 November 2011

Chocolate Lover's Pudding with Raspberries

Kitchen Play List: The Union ~ Siren's Song Album

I just love it when I find or create a dessert recipe that is so simple to make, that it's the work of a few minutes. I have no problem with lengthy and intricate recipes but you have to have the time for them and sometimes I just don't. I'm not the biggest chocolate dessert fan either but My Love is and so are most of my family and friends, so I find myself making them often. On Saturday we had a gathering of pals with a braizer fire, vegan BBQ and fireworks..oh so many fireworks..lol. Fabulous. And this is the dessert I served for them all. I found this recipe in Lois Dieterly's Sinfully Vegan.

It's simple to make and has only four ingredients. The most time consuming part is melting down the dark chocolate and I always use a good quality chocolate that is at the very least 70%. Seriously that is the hardest part. lol. My Love would argue that the hardest part was resisting eating it straight from the food processor..lol. 

Lois serves hers solo but I always like something a little fruity with chocolate and nothing beats the chocolate/raspberry combo. So that is exactly what I did...in the bottom of each little pot I placed 3 raspberries then spooned that pudding over the top and then garnished with 3 more. Well you will see that in the photos. 

I got proposed to because of this dessert! lol. And everyone, including myself was captivated and lost in this heavenly dessert. OK so it's not the healthiest of desserts but every once in while it's nice to break out and have a treat. And.This.Dessert.Is.Worth.It! And so are you! lol

Chocolate Lover's Pudding with Raspberries
Chocolate Lover's Pudding with Raspberries Serves 8
(Recipe from Sinfully Vegan/Dieterly)

16 oz firm silken tofu
1 cup of powdered/icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of vegan chocolate, melted 
1/4 cup of vegan chocolate, grated or finely chopped
56 plump and delicious raspberries 

Place three raspberries in the bottom of 8 individual dessert pots or expresso cups and then stand them to one side. 

A little dark but you can see the placed berries
In a food processor blitz the tofu until it's smooth. Then add the sugar and the vanilla and blend again until they have combined. 

Add the melted chocolate and blitz until rich and smooth. Spoon two heaped Dsp of the chocolate pudding into each pot until it's all used up. Smooth over with a spatula. Then using the grated or finely chopped chocolate (I finely chopped mine ~R~) sprinkle it over each pudding. 

Puddings with the chocolate sprinkles
Garnish the top with the remaining raspberries and then keep in the fridge until ready to serve. You don't need to cover them..I put mine on a tray and placed them in the top of my fridge that morning and served them about 9pm that night and they were still vibrant...and delicious! 

A rare treat but definitely one I'll be making again. 
Enjoy! 
~R~