Tuesday 15 October 2013

Heather's Edamame Avocado Spread

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Anna Nalick ~ Shine
David Guetta ~ Sexy Chick
Portishead ~ Cowboys
Rufus Wainwright ~ Complainte De La Butte
Feist ~ Past is Present 
Annie Lennox ~ Wait In Vain
Black Drawing Chalks ~ Cut Myself in 2
Sting ft Annie Lennox ~ We'll Be Together
Foo Fighters ~ Over and Out
Lenny Kravitz ~ Where Are We Runnin'
Ini Kamoze ~ Here Comes The Hotstepper
Newton Faulkner ~ I Need Something
The Stranglers ~ 96 Tears
Madonna ~ In This Life

I am sat here in my chair, laptop balanced precariously, nibbling pumpkin seeds with one hand and sipping my barley tea with the other whilst writing this posting on this damp, cold wet day...and I am feeling quiet happy with my lot. The day didn't start to well as I'd had a bad night health wise which meant I had to cancel plans with my friend A...and also the plans I had with the gang this evening. The city we are moving to hosts a yearly fair and we were all meeting up to walk around and take in the rides, sideshows and just general atmosphere as we do every year...but I'm simply not well enough and reluctantly had to admit it. So after the decision was made I was a little blue...but thankfully I was able to get some sleep and woke up later feeling, physically just as dreadful, but not so blue. I was determined to get my ass in the kitchen and have my time spent in there because it's been making me so happy...and I did indeed make it. I am shattered now but it was worth it...lol. 

Can you get addicted to pumpkin seeds?? lol. I am feeling very virtuous sat here typing away..because I made a spread using edamame, avocado and sprouts. It was a powerhouse of goodness and for the first time I can actually say I enjoyed avocado. I have it in smoothies but other than that I struggle and I want to like it so badly. 

I found this recipe via my Pinterest account and knew instantly I wanted to try making it. I love trying out recipes from other peoples kitchens and for the original posting of it please visit Heathers website.  It's a great site chock full of healthy recipes and great advice. I'm writing up the recipe using the ingredients I used but for the exact original recipe simply follow the previous link. I really enjoyed this spread as it was rich but fresh, not too salty or sweet...it just seemed to be packed with flavour without any one ingredient obviously taking over. I tested mine on GF crackers this time but can't wait to try it in sandwiches and wraps. This will be made often..thank you to Heather at HealthyVeganRecipes.net for a great recipe and for getting me over my avocado thing! lol. 

Heather's Edamame Avocado Spread

Heather's Edamame Avocado Spread 
(Recipe from HeathyVeganRecipes.net)

1 cup of edamame beans (frozen and shelled)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp water
1 avocado 
2 tsp sweet white miso
1 tsp fresh ginger, micro grated
1/4 cup fresh coriander
1/2 cup of fresh mung bean and lentil sprouts 

Leave the edamame beans to thaw overnight. Puree them with a little water and the apple cider vinegar until roughly chopped. 

Add the miso, ginger and avocado and puree. Add the fresh herbs and sprouts and blitz again until you have your preferred consistency. I left mine a little chunky. Taste to check the flavouring for your personal requirements. (I didn't need to do anything with mine at this stage..) Serve...

Gratuitous foodie shot...so good! Yum! lol

Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Tuesday has been a great one....

~Red~ the virtuous! lol