Saturday 25 May 2013

Fire Lotus and Me

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Kid Rock ~ Prodigal Son
Deana Carter ~ Just What You Need
Crowded House ~ Locked Out
Joan Jett ~ You Can't Get Me
Lacuna Coil ~ I Like It
Foo Fighters ~ Miracle
Queen ~ Killer Queen
Doris Day ~ Be Prepared
Shakira ~ Long Time
Haydn Cello Concerto in D
Garbage ~ Why Do You Love Me
Sugababes ~ Stronger
Marilyn Manson ~ Lunchbox
Andy Taylor & Luke Morley ~ Quiet Life


In Buddhism, there is a beautiful symbolism present in the blossom of a Lotus Flower. In nature, the Lotus, which is known for its delicate beauty, blooms forth from the blackest of mud and deepest depths. The Lotus therefore, represents the human struggle to rise up from the "mud"of our existence and blossom into the beautiful, spiritual person that we are. It is a symbol of rebirth, renewal, and overcoming the darkness in our lives. Fire is symbolic of cleansing... starting over. In nature, fire destroys all that it touches, making room for new growth. It is an end to the old and a beginning of what is to come.

Happy Saturday folks! Today I wanted to share with you one of my favourite flowers. Not only is it beautiful to look at but the meaning behind the symbolism is awesome. And I as I couldn't explain it better myself I left it to Mr Salerno to eloquently do so above. lol. There have been times in my life I have felt the need for Rebirth..one of them right now actually...so the lotus is a symbol of starting anew and that all important symbol of Hope. 

I am very much a Fire sign and to some of you that won't be a surprise. lol. So have always accepted that fire is my element. For healing I have always felt at peace next to the water but just as much near a fire be it the cosy coal fires, fire pits or bonfires...and my preferred beach fires. I get both in one go then..lol. Perfect.

Someday, soon I hope, I want to have a fire lotus tattoo so I can carry this beautiful symbolism with me. It's part of who I am and my life story.



I found this design and it could be a contender....

....but then so could this one...I am confident 'when' (see confidence and hope at work there!)..the day finally comes I will have found the perfect design. To see other designs I've posted about simply click here..


Artist ~ Toni Carmine Salerno
And of course there is the all calming yoga lotus...


I love the colour in this image...that peaceful calm in amongst the fire of the sky and reflections in the water. Perfect.

Recently I found this short piece of piano music on YouTube...I'm including it in today's post because its called The Lotus Flower...and its a very gentle and calming piece of music. And when I can work out how to get it from YouTube to my Pod I will use it for much needed moments of calm. lol. Hope you enjoy it too..

New Age Piano ~ The Lotus Flower

So that's it for today. Thank you for stopping by and I hope your Saturday is a fantastic one.

Namaste

~Red~