Thursday 2 May 2013

Art: Michael Vincent Manolo

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Bowie ~ Absolute Beginners
Soundgarden ~ Been Away Too Long
Chris Cornell ~ Scream
Holly Williams ~ Giving Up
The Fratellis ~ C**try Boys & City Girls
Temple of the Dog ~ Pushin' Forward Back
The Who ~ My Generation
Don Williams ~ Say It Again
Heart ~ There's The Girl
Fiona Apple ~ A Mistake
Shakira ~ She Wolf
Narina Pallot ~ God
The Cranberries ~ Zombie
Foo Fighters ~ Friend of a Friend

It's been a hectic week for ML so we have been making use of granola, pre-made salads and ready made meals. Not all at the same time I may add..lol. So there has been little in the way of food blogging opportunities. And when that happens I turn to my other love...art.

I found an image of Michael Vincent Manolo's work online and it grabbed hold of me and held me captive for a while...and every time I look at it.

Artist ~ Michael Vincent Manolo
I've been sat trying to put words together to describe how it makes me feel...but cannot. The isolation and atmosphere effect me..and I am easily stood in her place. I feel and hear the storms approaching..the chill in the air. I feel my hair being blown..and my body touched by the grasses (or wheat..not sure..lol). I have seen many other pieces of his work and have to say I have enjoyed them all. To experience them for yourself...click here.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is going well...

~Red~