Monday 7 January 2013

Brunch: Nut Cutlet & Carrot filled Rye Roll with Oven Roasted Vegan Parmesan Courgettes

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Tina Turner ~ Nut Bush City Limits
Mr Buble ~ Heartache Tonight
Aerosmith ~ Crazy
Thunder ~ Future Train
Garage ~ Supervixen
Keith Urban ~ Days Go By
Melissa Etheridge ~ No Souvenirs
Halestorm ~ I Want You
Queen ~ Don't Stop Me Now
Eddi Reader ~ East of Us
Tina Dico ~ No Time To Sleep
Depeche Mode ~ Martyr
Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ Couldn't Stand the Weather
Nickelback ~ Flat On The Floor

Haven't written a Brunch posting for such a long time...and I apologise for that as I know it's one of the most favoured parts of my humble little blog. But I am pleased to report I enjoyed a very nice brunch yesterday. Sadly I can't say it was my creation...for one..I am still off kitchen duties and two ML listened patiently to my wants...and then got up yesterday morning and made them happen. lol. 

I picked up a few freshly baked Rye rolls...and my mind went straight to the brunch place. ML had picked up a packet of Wholefood Frozen Nut Cutlets a couple of weeks ago and suddenly I was seeing these hearty rolls filled with a baked nut cutlet and topped with juicy freshly grated carrots. We also had a couple of courgettes that needed to be used and as my vegan parmesan cheeze had been opened...I thought about oven roasting them with freshly cracked black peppercorns and sprinklings of the cheeze.

And that is exactly what ML did for me...all of which I am extremely grateful for these days..as none of it can be eaten by ML due to severe health issues. Poor thing...

Now this wasn't your light brunch...this would be better on those...ravenous mornings. I do remember those after being out all night dancing or gigging etc. The nut cutlet had that wholesome taste that I have come to love over the years...and with the freshly grated carrot topping it..crammed inside the Rye roll...it was filling, satisfying and delicious. The courgettes were roasted to the point of browned yumminess and where my knife sliced through but still had to work a little. lol. It's just how I prefer my courgettes...obviously you roast them to your preference, eh?

 


Nut Cutlet and Carrot filled Rye Roll with Oven Roasted
Vegan Parmesan Courgettes.
Nut Cutlet and Carrot filled Rye Rolls with Oven Roasted
Vegan Parmesan Courgettes

4 Rye rolls, sliced into halves
4 Nut Cutlets
2 med/lg carrots, peeled and grated

2 lg courgettes, sliced into 1" discs
drizzle of oil of your choice
freshly cracked black pepper
finely grated vegan parmesan cheeze

12 baby vine ripened tomatoes

Preheat the oven to 200'C/400'F/Gas Mark 6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a bowl place the courgette disc's and drizzle with a very small amount of oil. Then grate fresh black peppercorns into the mix. Stir well to combine and then place them onto the lined baking sheet. Finely grate the vegan parmesan cheeze over the top of each one. The amount is very much your choice. I prefer a little taste so ML used very little. Roast for approx 45 minutes or until the desired texture you require.

Bake or pan fry the nut cutlets as per the packet instructions.

Once everything is cooked...assemble placing the cutlet on the base of the roll and topping with a generous serving of grated carrot. And spoon courgettes onto the side.

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week gets off to a great start folks...

 ~R~