Saturday 19 January 2013

Artwork: Katie M Berggren ~ Mother & Child

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Martina McBride ~ Be That Way
Keith Urban ~ Better Life
Booty Luv ~ Some Kinda Rush
Alannah Myles ~ Who Loves You
Bat For Lashes ~ Oh Yeah
Melissa Etheridge ~ If I Wanted To
Fairground Attraction ~ Walking After Midnight
Aerosmith ~ Crazy
Beth Hart ~ Is That Too Much To Ask
Prince ~ I Wanna Be Your Lover
Shakira ~ Don't Bother
Anastacia ~ I'm Outta Love
Sam Cooke ~ Chains of Love
Stiltskin ~ Inside

Yes! It's the weekend. To be honest that doesn't make much difference for my days...except I have ML home, get to see much loved family and spend time with beloved friends. This weekend is no exception...so as much as I have enjoyed bringing you the foodie posts this week I'll be busy with ML, my sister and the little ones today. lol.

This week I stumbled upon a new artist...well new to me anyway...Kate M Berggren's paintings based on Mother & Child are just delightful. I love her use of colour and the simple dreamlike feel to each piece. And now I want to share her work with you....

Katie M Berggren's ~ Whimsical
I feel quite an emotional reaction to this piece....

Katie M Berggren's ~ Thankful Joy
It's rare to find a piece that a mother is holding twins..and to me this piece is perfect.

Katie M Berggren's ~ Elemental
OK now this piece I find captivating on many levels...I can't help but see this as Princess Leia

Katie M Berggren's ~ A Little Garden
I love the idea of a baby being carried like this....that connection...

Katie M Berggren's ~ Time In
This piece reminds me of a precious moment in time when I was sat watching my sister with her two daughters. They were in their own little world....and it was a sight to behold.

Katie M Berggren's ~ Mother with Mermaid Children
(Not wholly certain that is the correct title of
this piece...happy to be corrected.)
Having a lifetime admiration for the fantasy figure that is the mermaid...I fell big time for this piece.

Katie M Berggren's ~ Undiluted
When I look at this piece...I see a mother and child sat behind a waterfall. Taking a moment of calming time together...soothed by the rush of the water.

Katie M Berggren's ~ Dancing Naked
Unconditional love...that bond...between mother...fathers too...and their children. Precious.

Many thanks going out to Katie for her beautiful creative artwork...a pure delight.  And I hope you enjoyed it too...

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Saturday is a fantastic be it busy or quiet...

~R~