Monday 4 July 2011

Rocket and Roses Light and Fluffy Avocado Dressing

Kitchen Play List:  Skin ~ How Lucky You Are
                                      Nicola Benedetti ~ Meditation From Thais
                                      Shania Twain ~ Whatever You Do...Don't!
                                      Sara Sant'Ambrogio ~ Air
                                      Guns N' Roses ~ Yesterdays
                                      Cogan & Howard ~ Isn't Life Wonderful?

Today I am busy making pots of Goo for my baby niece L or Chicklet as she's known to me. lol. Our evening meal is ready to go so all I needed to do as well as the Goo was a topping for my salads for the next couple of days. The kitchen is looking like a disaster zone with all the bowls for the many different Goo's so I needed a simple and very quick dressing. 

I had 4 little avocado's sat in my fridge and I had bought some ripe organic limes yesterday which looked very ripe. I also grabbed a bunch of spring onions as I shut the fridge door with my foot! lol. Out came my little blender and I spooned the avocado flesh from three of the little wrinklies as one had died. I hate it when that happens..ah well...I juiced up 1 1/2 of the limes and peeled 2 very tiny cloves of garlic and all got added to the blender. I trimmed and chopped down 3 spring onions and measured out 4 fl oz of water and they got tossed in too. I cracked some black peppercorns into the blender and added a very good slosh of Tabasco and the fingertip ends pinch of low sodium salt and set the blender going. 

The results were a very light and creamy dressing that was a vibrant green and also had a little kick to the end of each mouthful. It was lovely on my lunchtime salad and I hope to have it again tomorrow. It took 4 minutes from raiding the fridge to pouring some on my salad. It took me longer taking the photos..lol. OK better get back to the Goo production line...lol. 

Rocket and Roses Light & Fluffy Avocado Dressing...made in a few minutes!
Rocket and Roses Light & Fluffy Avocado Dressing
(Original recipe from the Rocket and Roses Vegan Kitchen)

3 small ripe avocadoes, halved, stone removed and flesh scooped out
3 spring onions, trimmed and roughly sliced
2 very small cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
Juice of 1 1/2 limes
4 fl oz filtered water
very generous slosh of Tabasco hot sauce, or to your taste
freshly cracked black pepper
tiniest pinch of salt, optional

Prep all ingredients as listed above and add to a blender. Blitz until smooth and creamy..you may have to push the ingredients down a couple of times but it's worth it! 

Enjoy! 
~R~