Monday 17 March 2014

Rocket & Roses Slow Roasted Ginger Infused Veggie Stew

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Depeche Mode ~ Precious
Chris Cornell ~ Disappearing One
VAST ~ A Better Place
Black Stone Cherry ~ Such A Shame
Kevin Kline ~ La Mer
Eurythmics ~ Would I Lie To You?
Creed ~ Wrong Way
Willie Nelson ~ Are You Sure
TOFOG's ~ Hold You
Enigma ~ Cross Of Change
Jack Johnson ~ Flake (Live)
The Rolling Stone ~ The Last Time
U2 ~ Vertigo
Bonnie Raitt ~ I Believe I'm In Love With You

Hello folks..sorry for the late posting today but I've been busy with hospitals and spending time with loved ones. Finally I have sat down with my laptop and its 8.30..lol Mondays are a little crazy right now but that's ok.

Today's recipe is one I threw together last week.....it was one of those drag everything out of the fridge days and I was left with quite a good stash. I prepped it all and tossed it in the oven whilst I got on with other things and this was the results. A really good veggie stew with a many layers of flavours but with the ginger as the star pulling them all together. I served mine with good old brown rice but it would be great as a baked potato filling and even with a pitta or flatbread.


Rocket & Roses Slow Roasted Ginger Infused Veggie Stew

Rocket & Roses Slow Roasted Ginger Infused Veggie Stew    Serves 4
(Original recipe from the Rocket & Roses Vegan Kitchen)

2 small red onions, peeled halved and thinly sliced 
2 garlic cloves, micro grated
2" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and micro grated
2 Padron chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
2 med aubergines, semi-stripped and small dice
2 med/large courgettes, trimmed and cut into thick half moons
1/4 cup sweetcorn 
2 tins of good quality chopped tomatoes
generous amount of freshly cracked black pepper 

Pre-heat the oven to 350'F/180'F/GM 4 and ready a shallow rectangle baking dish. 

Place all the prepped veggies into the dish and stir well to combine. Add in the tins of tomatoes and then grate over black pepper. 

Cover with tin foil and place in the heated oven and then allow to cook for one hour. Remove the lid and stir the veggies very well. Place back into the oven, uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir once more and serve with brown rice. 

Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Monday has been good to you...

~Red~