Tuesday 4 March 2014

Celeriac and Ginger Soup

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

ENIGMA ~ The Cross Of Changes Album

It's hard to believe that not so long ago I wasn't the biggest fan of ginger. But I now almost have it at breakfast, lunch and often dinner. I find excuses to add it to dishes...and I truly believe overdosing myself on fresh chillies, ginger and adding coconut oil to dishes over the last week has helped me kick the lurgy that knocked me off my feet. I can't remember the last time I was able to fight a lurgy off that quickly....and believe me I ate a lot of ginger and chilli. Maybe now I am a little addicted? lol. Of all the possible addictions you can have in life, it isn't a bad one eh?

This recipe I found posted by that great chef ANON...and I printed it off and filed it away with my many thousand soup recipes I have. I was thumbing through them when this lurgy hit and due to the high level of ginger in the recipe ingredients I knew I had to make a batch. Its not a rocket science recipe and from chopping to serving it takes around 20 minutes. The soup is a good thick rib sticker of a soup with the earthy flavours of the celeriac and the carrots blending perfectly with the intense ginger kick. I really enjoyed this soup and will make it again...

Celeriac & Ginger Soup

Celeriac and Ginger Soup      Serves 4
(Recipe by ANON..)

2lb celeriac, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup of ginger, peeled and sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
1 large onion, cubed
3 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp of dry leaves
3 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 litres of vegetable stock
salt 
pepper

Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add the ginger and cook and stir for a minute. Add onion and thyme and cook and stir until onions become transparent. Add carrot and celeriac, cover over a low heat for 5 minutes, stir often to prevent them from burning or sticking to the pan. Add veggie stock, cook over a low heat until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Remove the thyme sprigs and blend to desired smoothness. Reheat in a deep pot, adding more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve...

Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Tuesday has been a good one...

~Red~ 

NB: This is not my recipe so I take no credit for it. I would be happy to give the credit where due. Just drop me a line if you know.... rocketandroses@aol.com