Thursday 17 April 2014

Hello...I'm still here but....



Hello folks...wow what a week. I have been very busy celebrating getting another year older. Doing many and various things which have kept me away from the kitchen and the computer. It's been a great break and ML is off of work all this week so that's been an added bonus. My actual birthday was fab...the morning ML and I spent our time cooking a lovely breakfast together and then it was pressie time..lol. Then we were away for an early lunch date with my Mum, my sister and the little ones, Ann, Caz and Dev & Bev. I was spoilt rotten with flowers and beautiful presents. We all shared a lovely meal and forwent dessert to decamp to a very sunny park. We spread many blankets on the ground and set about making coffee and tea for everyone and then they sang Happy Birthday to me in front of the rest of the park goers.....

 

...awkward. lol. ML had managed to find a cake recipe that was gluten-free, yeast-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, dried fruit free and not loaded with heaps of agave syrup or maple syrups. So we all shared a lovely slice of the Blueberry, Almond and Lemon cake. Then it was time for relaxation and games. For the next few hours we enjoyed the fresh air, sunshine and played games in the park with the little ones....it was a great birthday.

This week has been busy having enjoyed a day out to visit The Hepworth Museum which was really interesting and fuelled my passion for sculpture. We had been to Hepworth's home when in Cornwall last November. And this didn't disappoint and I fell in awe of her work once more especially the overwhelming piece in the gallery below....

Standing in front of the piece against the wall..felt like being an ant!

...as with all of Hepworth's works I have this craving to touch and caress. But I don't...I behave. lol. After the Hepworth visit was over we hotfooted it to the shops and I enjoyed a little retail therapy with some birthday tokens after enjoying a nice lunch. 

Looking back over the last few days and thinking about the people I shared it with I feel very blessed...to have people who love me and wanted to share my celebrations. Who could ask for more, eh? 

My closest family and friend/family made my day very special...

Since my birthday there has been plenty of this....



....as we ready the house for a *fingers crossed* quick sale. Our need to be over in the city is now a desperate one. 

Tomorrow we are taking the little ones back to that park from my birthday and meeting up with Ann and enjoying a picnic and more games. Then it's packing again on Saturday....but on Sunday...oh Sunday...

Aysgarth Falls....oh how beautiful they are...

...I shall be walking alongside these beautiful falls. Joining me will be ML, Ann, Caz, Dev, Bev, Stripe, Sarah and little Noo. Yes my little niece is going on her first official walking day. She is a little excited by this and has had her backpack ready to go for days. lol. Last week she was bought her first pair of walking boots and has been dutifully wearing them in for a an hour or so each day. This is the final birthday celebration and we are walking the falls and having a picnic next to them. I cannot wait as waterfalls are a passion of mine and I hope to pass this along to little Noo. I will report back with tales of our day later next week. 

As you can see my first picture really does sum up things...I have been busy having a life. lol...although this afternoon is hospital bound. Urgh. I hope to be back with you all with a recipe posting on Saturday. I thank you for stopping by and I hope you are utilising my archive of recipes in my absence. 

Hope your week is being as kind as mine is...

~Red~ 

NB: All images were found online and therefore I take no credit for their creation whatsoever. ~R~