Thursday 23 August 2012

Thursday Things....

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Vasselina Kassarova ~ Che Faro Senza Euridice
Dolly Parton ~ Marry Me
Kay Starr ~ If I Could Be With You
Def Leppard ~ Animal
David Bowie ~ Fashion
Meredith Brooks ~ Careful What You Wish For
Jennifer Lopez ~ Get Right
Roy Orbison ~ It's Over
Peggy Lee ~ The Lady Is A Tramp
Brandi Carlile ~ Dying Day
Martha & The Vandellas ~ Dancing In The Street
Roy Orbison & K.D. Lang ~ Crying
Buena Vista Social Club ~ Candela
Nirvana ~ Come As You Are

Thursday Things...a selection of things that make me smile...and right now I need them more than ever. And thought I'd share a few of them with you...

A jewellery idea that inspired me...

What a great idea!
I found this image on Pinterest and admired it instantly. Such a great way to make use of old cutlery. I really want to try this...no idea where to start..but I am going to!

A quote from an awesome woman...

So true!
Really don't need to comment on this..Maya Angelou is an inspirational woman...and this quote is the message I would pass on to my nieces...

A song that made me smile a lot this morning...

Resistance
Believe it or not..(most people don't! lol) I am still learning to love the musical beast that is MUSE. ML is a huge fan and would love for me to find that MUSE happy..and I do try...I have a handful of their songs on my Pod. This one was the first one that slipped through to my musical heart and it stayed. I find myself smiling and feeling feisty when this song is playing..as I did this morning. lol.

A recipe by another..that made my mouth water...

Blood Oranges with Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt
I found this recipe via TheHungryAustralian.com. I love blood oranges...everything about them..the taste...the colour...Yum! So these succulent segments dipped in dark chocolate and then sprinkled with sea salt...I ask you...what is there not to love??? I cannot wait to try this recipe out. For Christina's fantastic recipe click here

A movie clip that always makes me smile...

Roxanne/Tango ~ Moulin Rouge
The first time I saw this movie I was completely blown away by this scene. I love the Tango and combined with this song....and this imagery...it gives me chills. I.love.it! I have it linked on my desktop so when I need a moment..I click and enjoy! lol. Passion, music, theatrics..perfect.

A tattoo that I felt was truly beautiful...

Art, Music & Love
I like the simplicity of this design. And what would the world be without Art, Music and Love? I would happily wear this design on my body.

A quote that I believe to be true...

Uhuh...he has a point.
Fear is a crusher...of inspiration, hopes, dreams and life. We all live with it to some degree and I do believe that we should do things that scare us..regularly. Break out of the comfort zone and feel the blood in your veins...feel your heart kick...feel that fear...and as the book correctly says...Do it anyway!! lol.

A childhood/adult smiley movie moment...

The Aristocats kittens...
The Aristocats was the first movie I went to see at the movies. And it's where my love for Paris started...and in a small way..jazz. But for me the best part of the movie was always the kittens...and the way they teased and tormented each other. I was an only child at the time and used to wonder what it would be like to have siblings..lol. Then I got some and I got used to changing nappies...hmmm..didn't live up to the cartoon dream..lol. This scene Scales and Arpeggios makes me smile and laugh every time. And as my niece loves this movie too..it's a good thing..as it gets watched often. I hope it makes you smile too...

A piece of Art that spoke to me...


I loved the colour and drama of this piece.
The artist who created this piece is Zhang Xiaobai. I can't really put into words just why I liked this piece so much. I suspect it's the red/black dramatic feel to it.

A song that stopped me dead this morning...

Anna Nalick ~ Scars
I am a recent convert to Anna Nalick's body of work and I am loving it. This song played on my Pod this morning and I found myself..still with eyes closed as I listened to it through to the end. I found myself being flooded with images from my past and although a little painful..it was good to feel it. A great and talented woman...whose songs I'm coming to love.

A little something that made me laugh out loud...

Medical humour is a must in this house!
And finally...

A song that played this morning and took me back to my teens lol...

The Leps ~ Animal

Oh how I loved this song...and played it until the single buckled and I had to go and buy another one. lol. The Leps were very important to me as a teen...and I have so many memories attached to their songs. But especially this one...so it made nostalgic and smiley as it played...

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Thursday is filled with things that make you feel good and smile...

~R~