Monday 9 June 2014

Rocket & Roses Blueberry Burst Chia Dessert

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Kermode & Mayo Film Review Podcast ~ Patrick Stewart

I hope you week has started well folks? I have had a beautiful weekend spent once again with loved ones. Today has been a hospital day but the upside has been spending that time with my lovely pal Ann even if we were so busy talking that we almost forgot that we needed to leave for the hospital. lol. Accompanying us on our hospital dash was the most beautiful of thunder storms. We were happy women as the sky darkened and the thunder rolled. We're just crazy that way...

I made this dessert on Friday morning and left it too set in the fridge overnight. I was delighted by the flavours as the almond milk, fresh blueberries and chia seeds worked really well together. It was light and refreshing and was great during the humid heat we had over the weekend. However, I am still getting used to the chia seed texture. If you don't like tapicoa pudding this probably isn't the dessert for you. I am confident that I will train my mind to overlook the little seeds and concentrate on the cool flavours and health benefits of eating soaked chia.

Rocket & Roses Blueberry Chia Dessert


R & R Blueberry Burst Chia Seed Dessert   Serves 2-4
(Original recipe from the Rocket & Roses Vegan Kitchen)

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp Stevia powder 
4 tbsp chia seeds
1/3 cup blueberries, crushed 
1/3 cup whole blueberries 

Place all the ingredients into a container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake until thoroughly mixed. Leave for ten minutes and shake once more. Repeat this twice and store the dessert in the fridge overnight. 

When ready to serve, spoon the servings into dessert bowls and top with a few fresh blueberries and serve. 

Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Monday has been a very happy one...

~Red~ 

NB: This is recipe is my creation. I have no problem with you using it or sharing it as long as you give credit where it's due. As I always try to do when testing recipes for Other's Kitchens. Namaste, ~R~