Friday 27 June 2014

Rocket & Roses Happy Holiday Soup (vegan & gluten-free)

Rocket & Roses Kitchen Play List:

Half Moon Run ~ Unofferable
Daisy Chapman ~ Does She Know What I Know?
Half Moon Run ~ Judgement 
Shelby Lynne ~ Where I'm From
Melissa Etheridge ~ Down To One
Kenny Wayne Shepherd ~ Ledbetter Heights 
Brandi Carlile ~ Touching The Ground
NIN ~ Closer
Train ~ To Be Loved
Groove Armarda ~ I See You Baby
Alanis Morrisette ~ Not The Doctor
Styx ~ Babe
The Ting Tings ~ Shut Up And Let Me Go
Nickelback ~ Breathe


You know that moment when you are about to leave for your holiday and you look in your fridge and realise you have so many fresh veggies to use up? Or is that just me? It's not? Phew. Well after a week of recipe creating, testing, re-testing and testing some more...then making final adaptions and then making the many dishes for real...I was still left with a stash of veggie treats. Some went home with my willing foodie victim tester and general helper, Ann. I hear there is going to be Polish Soup in her future..lol. But I still had some leftover so I had that lovely kitchen moment of stacking all the veggies on the kitchen counter and then I got chopping. And after many additional bits of this and bits of that...I was left with this beautiful, veggie packed soup. The many colours made me smile and the smell was just what I needed after an afternoon of chocolate making. Yep, chocolate recipes a plenty coming up soon. Aren't I good to you all? I can't eat them myself but Ann assures me that they are just great. lol. OK so I tried a couple of bites myself but then hit such a sugar high..well it was just plain scary. Anyway...

We are about to manically pack for our week away with the Clan ML. ML is so giddy with excitement its funny. I shall still be posting during the week and will bring you photos from our day with a foodie post as I am told there is a wifi connection there. *fingers crossed* lol. And Tuesday is the first posting for Suma Wholefoods Blogger Network and I really hope you enjoy the results. 

Just want to take a moment to say a big thank you to Ann for helping me out this week and for taking one for the team with all the chocolate testing yesterday. lol Addict! Right..packing..holidays...must scoot...

Rocket & Roses Happy Holiday Soup (vegan & gluten-free)
Rocket & Roses Happy Holiday Soup   Serves 4
(Original recipe from the Rocket & Roses Vegan Kitchen)

3 baby leeks, halved and thickly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp coconut oil
1 courgette, quartered lengthwise and thickly chunked 
7 lg cauliflower florets, cut into bitesize pieces
22 fine green beans, cut into 1" pieces
1 1/4 litres of low sodium thin veggie stock
1 tbsp tomato paste 
2 small sweet potato, chunked
1 tsp dried thyme
3/4 tsp dried oregano 
generous amounts of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 small tin of sweetcorn

Heat the oil, leeks, carrot and garlic in a large soup pan. Cook until softened, stirring often. Add herbs, stock, tomato paste and stir well. Add in the remaining veggies and stir once more. Bring a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the veggies are cooked. Serve...

Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Friday is a great one...

~Red~ 

NB: This is my creation and I have no problem with you using it or sharing it. I only ask that you give credit where it's due as I always try to. Many thanks...Namaste. ~R~