Saturday 14 February 2015

English Crumpet wishes...

Valentine's English Crumpets with veggie pate and red pepper hearts

This is the Valentine's creation made by myself and the littlest niece Layla. ML came home from a shopping trip with a packet of these heart shaped English crumpets and once I got over my natural aversion to heart shaped cuteness on this enforced romantic day...(I used to work for Hallmark..lol..and that pretty much kills it for you, believe me)..I went with it and recruited Layla to help me. We opted for freshly toasted crumpets spread with a little veggie pate and then we had fun cutting out red pepper hearts. And of course there had to be a heart shaped plate to present them on!

I will not wish you all a soppy romantic wish as I know not everyone is lucky enough to have that in their life right now. So I will simply wish you all a peaceful, happy and fun weekend and hope that you are surrounded by people who love you every day. 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back on Monday with a new Rocket & Roses recipe. 

~Red~