Wednesday 21 May 2014

Rocket & Roses Ginger & Asparagus Buckwheat Breakfast Pancake (V & GF)

Rocket & Roses HQ Play List:

Split Enz ~ I Got You
VAST ~ Tattoo Of Her Name
Melissa Etheridge ~ This War Is Over
VAST ~ Pretty When You Cry
Half Moon Run ~ Full Circle 
The Virginmarys ~ Bang Bang Bang
Rudimental ~ Right Here
Missy Higgins ~ Sweet Arms Of A Tune 
VAST ~ Temptation
Nickelback ~ This Means War
JET ~ Cold Hard Bitch
Buckcherry ~ The Truth
INXS ~ Never Tear Us Apart 
Meredith Brooks ~ Watched You Fail

My day at the beach was lovely...however even smothered in factor 50 I am still a little red but thankfully not sore because I would've been very cross with myself. It was good to escape Helltown and sit on the beach and feel the healing vibes and all too soon our time was up and we had to pack up and head home. But I was left with a re-energised feeling and able to deal with all the changes that are happening to and around me. It was really good to just spend some time with Ann without us packing boxes and the like, although I felt a little guilty when I got home and ML had been clearly stuck in airless meeting rooms all day. I was reassured that no guilt was necessary and reminded that we are all meeting up for another beach day on Monday so everyone will be able to reap the beach healing..and there may even be some Softball action going on..lol. Can't wait. 

As my time was a little rushed yesterday morning I had to make a very quick breakfast. Gone are the days when I could hastily eat a bowl of cereal on these occasions..too many preservatives, gluten and sugars in them even the 'healthy' kind. I've perfected the art of making and cooking a single serving buckwheat pancake breakfast in under 10 minutes. Not too shabby, eh? I had a bunch of thin asparagus in the fridge and had decided in the shower that this was going to be the base of my breakfast. Odd thing to think of in the shower I know..lol. My throat was feeling a little sore (can't wait for my hospital appt on Friday) so was in great need a ginger boost and that was exactly what I gave myself. I loved the freshness of the tender-crisp asparagus and the comforting heat from the ginger and wholesome fullness of the buckwheat pancake. This is my now speedy breakfast whilst the asparagus is in season...who knew..I've finally found my asparagus love. 

Rocket & Roses Ginger & Asparagus Buckwheat Breakfast Pancake

R&R Ginger & Asparagus Buckwheat Breakfast Pancake     Serves 1
(Original recipe from the Rocket & Roses Vegan Kitchen)

1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1 heaped 1/4 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 tbsp chia egg 
(Egg mix: 1 tbsp chia + 3 tbsp water. Mix. After 15 mins scoop out your 1.2 tbsp and then store the remaining egg in the fridge) 
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cold water 

Mix the dry ingredients together and then whisk in the water until smooth. Then add the chia egg and beat in. Set to one side. 

1 tsp coconut oil
8 thin asparagus, woody end removed, tips cut off and put to the side, cut into 1" pieces
2" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and then micro grated

In a small omelette pan add the oil, ginger and stalk pieces and over a gentle heat leave to cook, stirring once to evenly coat the stalks. After 3 minutes add in the tips and stir well to combine. Add in the batter and stir well to bring the veggies evenly into the pancake and smooth over. Leave to cook until the pancake easily moves when the pan is shaken...flip over and press down into the pan. Leave to cook for a few minutes for the pancake to be sealed underneath. Serve at once...

Enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your Wednesday is a good one...

~Red~ 

This is an Original Rocket & Roses Vegan Kitchen recipe. I am more than happy for you to use and share but please give credit where it's due. Many thanks ~R~